Boise Open Studios (BOSCO) is accepting 2019 Applications for membership, open to working artists with studios in the greater Boise metro area (Ada, Boise & Canyon counties).
BOSCO is a non- profit volunteer group of professional artists working to foster greater understanding of the creative process through public events. Our primary activity is one open studio weekend per year (second weekend of October), with an opening show at a central location. We also participate in various local artistic activities and hold group shows at venues such as VaC, the BSU SUB gallery and Surel’s Place.
BOSCO currently consists of more than 70 artists working in a wide variety of media and styles.
Submit the following to email@example.com :
1. Five to ten images of your best work created within the last 3 years
• (2000 pixels on the longest side, 300 dpi, JPG images)
• File named as: title_medium_dimensions_year created (example: ravenflies_mixedmedia_12x12_2015)
• Do not include your name in the filenames as we jury blind
2. Image list with thumbnails, title, medium, size, and year of work. Photo credits if applicable.
3. An up-to-date Artist’s Resume – one page (.doc or .txt file)
4. An artist’s statement – 200 words or less (.doc or .txt file)
5. Completed application (Down Load Membership Application here)
6. Pay non-refundable NEW MEMBER APPLICATION FEE $25 (found in the drop down menu) via PayPal on our website page http://www.boiseopenstudios.com/category/membership/
Please include your name in the comment section.
Deadline March 31
Accepted applicants will be notified by May 1st with membership fees due on June 1st.
Membership categories are: Participating Membership ($100), Supporting Membership ($50), Student Membership ($40), Shared Studio Membership ($75 each – 2 or more artists working in shared studio), Emerging Artist Scholarship (Annual fee is waived) See below for full description of each membership category.*
BOSCO uses an independent outside juror. Items a juror may consider in evaluating work:
• Evidence of technical skill and control in the use of media
• Creative use of formal design elements (pattern, color, rhythm, texture, line, light and dark, etc.)
• Overall unity in the work, consistency of purpose and technique
• Individuality of expression, uniqueness
*Participating Members ($100 annual fee) are eligible to participate in the annual Open Studios weekend and all the exhibits throughout the year, welcome to all events, remain on the distribution list, website, and maintain juried membership and voting rights.
*Supporting Members ($50 annual fee) do not participate in the annual Open Studios weekend, but are welcome to all other events, remain on the distribution list, website, and maintain juried membership and voting rights.
*Student Membership ($40 annual fee) is only available to currently registered full-time students , or current year spring graduates. Must provide a copy of current semester’s 12-credit class schedule. This membership level receives the same benefits as Participating Members.
*Emerging Artists (Annual fee is waived) category is designed for those individuals with little or no prior experience exhibiting their artwork. Those applying in this category must abide by the same rules and application process (including application fee) as those applying in other categories. We will accept up to 2 artists in this category per year and the scholarship will cover the membership fee for that year. In return, each recipient will be asked to complete at least 10 hours of volunteer work serving on a BOSCO committee.
*Shared Studio Membership ($75 each – 2 or more artists working in shared studio space) is available to two or more artists who make their work at the same physical location. Each artist must apply, jury in, and be accepted individually.
This year’s application deadline is March 31, 2019, applications accepted electronically only. Accepted applicants will be notified by May 1st with membership fees due on June 1st. (New members are invited to attend their first BOSCO general meeting on May 7, 2019.)
2019 BOSCO Membership Application Down Load here