BOSCO is a non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to the visual arts.
Established to promote and foster greater understanding of the creative process between artists and the general public, our goals include:
- Providing a forum for professional artists to share ideas and concepts that enhance creative endeavors and give artistic and intellectual support.
- Serving as a bridge between artists, collectors and the public.
- Hosting open studios events for the public featuring a weekend-long opportunity to visit member artists’ studios.
BOSCO members participate in Boise’s arts community in many ways.
- As teachers (Karen Bubb, John Killmaster, Tarmo Watia, Lisa Cheney, Lynn Fraley, Sue Rooke, Frederick Choate)
- As contributors to Boise’s Public Arts collections (Rachel Teannalach, Tarmo Watia, Julie Clemons, Bonnie Peacher, Pam McKnight)
- And through the Open Studios Tour, the goal of which is to serve as a bridge between artists and the public.
- Open Studios Weekend: The second weekend of October every year. This event gives the public an opportunity to watch artists at work and see where we create. Meet a diverse group of local artists working in their chosen media — paint, metal, fiber, glass, photography, assemblage and more.
- Annual Exhibit: View work from BOSCO members.
- Membership Drive: New members are juried annually in April by an independent, outside juror.
- John Taye, President
- Anne Peterson, Vice-President
- Jill Storey, Secretary
- Carol Smith, Treasurer
- Lisa Cheney, Marketing Chair
- Bonnie Peacher, Events Chair
- JanyRae Seda, Membership Chair
- Jill Millward, Member at Large
- Cindi Walton, Member at Large
Follow us on Facebook to find out about upcoming events