BOSCO is a non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to the visual arts.
Established to promote and foster greater understanding of the creative process between artists and the general public, our goals include:
- Providing a forum for professional artists to share ideas and concepts that enhance creative endeavors and give artistic and intellectual support.
- Serving as a bridge between artists, collectors and the public.
- Hosting open studios events for the public featuring a weekend-long opportunity to visit member artists’ studios.
BOSCO members participate in Boise’s arts community in many ways.
- As teachers (Karen Bubb, Amy Nack, John Killmaster, Tarmo Watia, Lisa Cheney, Lynn Fraley, Sue Rooke)
- As contributors to Boise’s Public Arts collections (Marianne Konvalinka, Rachel Teannalach, Amy Nack, Tarmo Watia, Sue Latta, Julie Clemons, Bonnie Peacher, Pam McKnight)
- And through the Open Studios Tour, the goal of which is to serve as a bridge between artists and the public.
- Open Studios Weekend: The second weekend of October every year. This event gives the public an opportunity to watch artists at work and see where we create. Meet a diverse group of local artists working in their chosen media — paint, metal, fiber, glass, photography, assemblage and more.
- Annual Exhibit: View work from BOSCO members.
- Membership Drive: New members are juried annually in April by an independent, outside juror. The 2016 new-member drive has begun, applications are due March 31, 2016.
- Samuel Paden, President
- Bonnie Peacher, Vice-President
- Kris Mannion, Secretary
- Anita Quick, Treasurer
- Lisa Cheney, Marketing Committee Chair
- Theresa Burkes, Events Committee Chair
- Karen Klinefelter, Membership Chair
Follow us on Facebook to find out about upcoming events