After successful careers in the business community as a management accountant and real estate business owner, I now devote my time to my passion of art. In addition to studying with several local artists in Albuquerque, I have had training with national instructors Terry Madden, Tom Lynch, Carol Orr, Ted Nuttal, Betsey Dillard Stroud, Tony Couch, Ken Hosmer, Frank LaLumia, Dale Laitenen and David Drummond. I work in transparent watercolor and water based pastel on varied surfaces and paint a variety of subjects including landscape, still-life, abstract, southwest design, floral, animals and portraiture…all with an eye on the design patterns of shapes and values. I have shown and been a frequent award-winner in juried shows such as Masterworks of NM, Weems Artfest, NMWS, PSNM, TWS, Expo NM, Rio Grand Arts and Crafts Shows, NM Art League…and having moved to Boise in 2013, at the State Fair of Idaho, IWS , Art and Roses, Art in the Park, Bosco Studio Open House Tour, Initial Point Gallery, TVAA, and Nampa Art League. I also teach classes and do workshops with emphasis on design and composition.
- Idaho Watercolor Society, Secretary, Judge Western Idaho State Fair-2015, Bosco Open Studio Tour Member, Art Instructor
- Signature Member and Past President of New Mexico Watercolor Society.
- Signature Member Taos National Watercolor Society.
- Pastel Society of New Mexico
- The Art League, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Art Instructor- The Artists Studio, Albuquerque, NM 2003-2013
- Owner/Broker-Kissam Realty, Albuquerque, NM 1980-2006
- Controller-Sysco Foods, in Albuquerque and El Paso to 1980