BOSCO currently consists of more than 90 artists working in a wide variety of media and styles, who have studios in the greater Boise metro area (Ada, Boise & Canyon counties).
How to apply for membership
Applications for membership are now OPEN for 2020. The application window is Jan. 1 - Mar. 31 each year.
In preparation to filling out the application, please gather the following items:
1. Six images of your best work created within the last 3 years
- 1920 pixels on the longest side, JPG images
- File named as: title_medium_dimensions_year created (example: ravenflies_mixedmedia_12x12_2015)
- Do not include your name in the filenames as we jury blind
2. Image list with thumbnails, title, medium, size, and year of work. Photo credits if applicable.
3. An up-to-date Artist’s Resume – one page (.doc, .txt, or PDF file)
4. An artist’s statement – 200 words or less (.doc, .txt, or PDF file)
5. Pay non-refundable NEW MEMBER APPLICATION FEE $25.
Accepted applicants will be notified by May 1st with membership fees due on June 1st.
BOSCO uses an independent outside juror. Items a juror may consider in evaluating work:
• Evidence of technical skill and control in the use of media
• Creative use of formal design elements (pattern, color, rhythm, texture, line, light and dark, etc.)
• Overall unity in the work, consistency of purpose and technique
• Individuality of expression, uniqueness
$100 annual fee
Participating members are eligible to participate in the annual Open Studios weekend and all the exhibits throughout the year, welcome to all events, remain on the distribution list, website, and maintain juried membership and voting rights.
$50 annual fee
Supporting members do not participate in the annual Open Studios weekend, but are welcome to all other events, remain on the distribution list, website, and maintain juried membership and voting rights.
$40 annual fee
Student membership is only available to currently registered Senior or Grad college students, or current year graduates. Must provide copy of current semester’s class schedule. This membership level receives the same benefits as Participating members.
Annual fee is waived
This category is designed for those individuals with little or no prior experience exhibiting their artwork and sharing their artistic process. Those applying in this category must abide by the same rules and application process (including application fee) as those applying in other categories. We will accept up to 2 artists in this category per year and the scholarship will cover the membership fee for that first year. In return, each recipient will be asked to complete at least 10 hours of volunteer work serving on a BOSCO committee. This membership level receives the same benefits as Participating members.
Shared Studio Membership
$75 each annual fee
A Shared Studio membership is available to two or more artists who make their work at the same physical location. Each artist must apply, jury in, and be accepted individually. This membership level receives the same benefits as Participating members.